Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099g

2022 I received a state refund of 167 however I needed to file an amended return and received an additional 258… this year I received a 1099g for the 258.  After following the prompts for ma state 1099g refunds turbo tax is asking me to choose what this 1099g is for ..ie the Business/ farm or loan ccc etc.. 4 options but none for tax refund it’sI making me choose on the next screen if I don’t choose one of those I can’t continue with the program no skip no yes or no just one of those 4 which it is not …. I’m stuck any help appreciated…I should mention I itemized in 2022 so it’s taxable this year….

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

1099g

You are entering the 1099-G in the wrong place in TurboTax. There is a separate topic specifically for state and local tax refunds. In the Search box type "state and local tax refund" (without the quotes), then click the link that says "Jump to state and local tax refund."

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

1099g

You are entering the 1099-G in the wrong place in TurboTax. There is a separate topic specifically for state and local tax refunds. In the Search box type "state and local tax refund" (without the quotes), then click the link that says "Jump to state and local tax refund."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies