andrea-overstree

1099G - Not sure what to do with this

I received a 1099G from Georgia dept. of Rev. I am unsure what to do with it. It states the following:

You are receiving this 1099-G because you itemized your deductions and received a refund, credit, or offset on you GA income tax return in 2016. You may need to include the amount shown in Box 2 below as income on your current year's income tax return filed with the IRS.
KatrinaB

1099G - Not sure what to do with this

If you are itemizing deductions this year, then you need to file form 1099-g. If you are not itemizing deductions this year, then you are not required to file this form. If you're required to file your 1099-G, please follow the directions below to enter it in.

• Sign in to your account and click take me to my return.(unless already in return)
  • Click my account, at the top of the page.
  • Select tools in the drop down menu.
  • Click topic search, type in form 1099-G, state and local tax refunds and click go.