Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kirbyfred

1099B

I’m using SelfEmployed version of TT. I’m on a MacAir,  I cannot pull up the area to enter my 1099B Long Term losses.   Where is it?when I plug it into search bar, it offers to jump to 1099b.  I select this link, but it doesn’t get me there.

help!

after nearly one hour talking to two TurboTax assts, it got me no where but frustrated.  Their help line is worthless,   Two different days I wasted time w their staff who had little help to offer me, and provided no answers.   How disappointing!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

1099B

Form 1099-B reports investment income as you know. So, you need to find the Investment Income option in the Wages and Income section of TurboTax. I assume you can find where to enter W-2 wage income. So, go to that section and there should be an option to add additional or other income. In that section you should be able to find the Investment Income option, and then Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other. Choose that option and you should see an option to enter your form 1099-B.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kirbyfred

1099B

Your reply was helpful.  For some reason, when I got to this section my computer wanted to skip over the area needed for 1099B, not sure why.   I had to do a lot of fiddling around to access it.

also, when I searched TT question bar, it pulled up the form, but when I clicked it to “jump to it” it wouldn’t take me there.  I Suspect Turbo Tax is having problems and a lot of the fault lies with them.

ALSo,

After 3 sep tries to get help from their;able assistants, I reached 3 diff staff who had NO CLUE what or where to find my 1099B forms,  Can you believe it?  Is anyone else seeing poor performance from TT this year?  V disappointing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies