Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099B Import shows small number of "NEEDS REVIEW" but after reviewing and fixing still shows "NEEDS REVIEW"

After importing from etrade 1099B shows a handful (6) transactions that "NEEDS REVIEW".

They are all from LLC sales that are missing term basis and cost basis (why I do not know since E-Trade should have this information since it was from a single purchase transaction but that is beside the point).

When I updated the "term basis", "The date this investments was acquired" myself and cost basis (via "The cost basis is incorrect or missing on my 1099-B", the transaction remains in "NEEDS REVIEW" state.

When looking for help inside the app, the suggestion is to delete the 1099-B import and manually enter the data. Sure I'm going to manually enter 100s of transactions (unusual 2023) to fix 6 transactions?!

Also note that when the costs basis is missing or incorrect is selected, it prompts you for the costs basis but not the term (if it was missing)  and then just sets it to short term. Why would it not prompt for the cost and purchase date to set the term appropriately and to document the information?

This is ridiculous and reminds me of last year's not being able to get past the K-1 data entry since it needed review but couldn't be fixed (which I never got a support solution to).

Not to mention having to manually (eg by selecting text) scroll the screen in this year's Mac OSX version just to click the "Pencil" edit button each time/attempt to get it to accept. 

I'm only using TurboTax since I've used it every year until last year 2022 where I had to manually print/submit because of the K-1 issue I couldn't get past. Now this year 1099-B.

I decided to hire a tax preparation company to review/amend 2022 because Turbo Tax couldn't complete the return. I'm only using 2023 to get an idea/compare the tax preparation but alas, Turbo Tax is failing for the second year in a row.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies