turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

HbShaffer
Returning Member

1099 JPM Chase Downloads with TT Premier Desktop - Solved

If you've run into the infamous TT crash after attempting to download brokerage or other 1099 forms, there is a solution. First, the work-around involved using the online version which works without a glitch. You then download the tax-yyyy file to your desktop and import the results.

For JPM Chase accounts (others have complained of similar issues with Schwab, Fidelity, BofA, etc.), here's what finally worked:

(1) With a browser, search for TurboTax Manually Update for Windows Software; select the appropriate URL,

(2) The landing page should display "TurboTax 2022 Individual - R19" link. Click on the link to download and then manually install this patch. This patch which will (should) eliminate TT from crashing. Exit TT before installing. Note: this is a manual update a differs from the typical automatic updates,

(3) Restart TT and then go to the Income: DIV, Interest, 1099-B section to select the option for importing from one of TT's financial partners,

(4) For JPM Chase, you may need to change your password if it contains any characters other than alpha-numerics  (A thru Z upper or lower and 0 thru 9),

(5) Within the Chase security settings, specific which accounts to grant Intuit access,

(6) Run the import after making those changes

(7) If you changed your password, reset it to something complex (with special characters).

For those who were not able to import from Chase in 2021, there was a known problem as Intuit was unable to implement a then new file transfer protocol in line with Chase industry file exchange protocols. That was resolved.

It took a few weeks to get this resolved, but Intuit kindly worked with me after a little, well maybe a lot, of nudging. 

BTW - The Intuit Online product is excellent. I suspect Intuit would prefer we all move to a web enabled i.e. cloud version. As least, "In My Humble Opinion".

This took a while, but thank you TT Support and TT Office of the President!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies