turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-INT requires a complete address that doesnt exist

I received a 1099-INT form from the Dept of Treasury IRS from the Philadelphia office; it's for interest paid to me last year from my refund being delayed. On the screen for this form it's saying the payer address needs to be complete....however the only address is the dept name and Philadelphia, PA 19255. I googled the Philly physical office and the zip codes don't match....what do I do? The review before submission keeps flagging this section but there is no street name/number to add....

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

No payer's EIN or address is required to enter interest income from the IRS on Form 1099-INT. Make sure you enter interest income from Form 1099-INT, not any other tax form such as 1099-B.

Follow these steps to enter interest income:

With your federal tax return open:

1. Click Show more next to Investments and Savings under Income & Expenses section 

2. Click Start or Revisit next to Interest on 1099-INT

3. On the next screen, either click on Review under existing Interest (1099-INT), OR Add investments

4. On the screen that says OK, let's start with one investment type, select the first one 1099-INT, and Continue

5. Choose Type it in myself, and enter IRS in Received from box, enter amount in Box 1 

6. Continue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you! That was the issue; they used a pdf of the form and it messed up the process! Manually entering fixed this. You're amazing! I appreciate your help!!

zametrica
Returning Member

Im having trouble trying to file my 1099-INT from the irs because if my taxes being delayed last year but it requires a complete address that doesnt exist on my paper 

AamilD
Expert Alumni

@zametrica , you are not required to enter the address. You will input "IRS" in the "Received from" box if it is the IRS who issued you the form and then you can enter the relevant amounts. 

Please follow the steps @FangxiaL , stated above and you should be able to enter the information and proceed ahead.

zametrica
Returning Member

So no address 

JulieS
Expert Alumni

No, there is no address and nowhere to enter an address for Form 1099-INT. See the image below. If your screen doesn't look like this, you are in the wrong place.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies