turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dkao_21
Returning Member

1099-int and 1099-div

If I moved from Texas to NYC in August 2023, do I need to file 1099-int and 1099-div for NYC or Texas. My bank savings account and brokerage addresses are still in Texas. I did earn income in New York after I moved starting September

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

1099-int and 1099-div

When you prepare your New York part-year resident tax return you will be asked how much of the interest and dividends is New York income. Any interest and dividends that you received after you moved to New York, or that was credited to your account after you moved, has to be allocated to New York. So your New York income will include part of the income shown on the 1099-INT and 1099-DIV forms. There is nothing to file for Texas because Texas does not have personal income tax.

It doesn't matter where your bank and brokerage account are, or what address is on them. What matters is where you lived when the income was paid to you or credited to your account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

1099-int and 1099-div

When you prepare your New York part-year resident tax return you will be asked how much of the interest and dividends is New York income. Any interest and dividends that you received after you moved to New York, or that was credited to your account after you moved, has to be allocated to New York. So your New York income will include part of the income shown on the 1099-INT and 1099-DIV forms. There is nothing to file for Texas because Texas does not have personal income tax.

It doesn't matter where your bank and brokerage account are, or what address is on them. What matters is where you lived when the income was paid to you or credited to your account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies