turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099 import at Fidelity or Prudential not working

This type of post is repeated each and every year. by multiple users and for various institutions .

The attraction of TurboTax is simplicity, which for me is importing.  If only some of the institutions will successfully import, then the attraction is diminished.  Fixes suggested to users sound like "sorry, not our problem". 

Paying extra money to someone else to do my taxes might be offset by the reduced aggravation of your product not performing as advertised.

The information is at the institution (I've downloaded the pdfs of the 1099s).  We are beyond the dates that TurboTax identified as when the imports would be available.  Your software indicates "There isn't any tax-related info to import right now"  If that's the case, you (TurboTax) need to get on the phone with the institutions and fix your "data relationship".

I've used TurboTax for at least 18 years.  This issue seems to have started just in the past few years. 

The common denominator is TURBOTAX, not the enumerable combination of users, banks and browser settings.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

1099 import at Fidelity or Prudential not working

I am able to import from Fidelity in my test returns with no issues.  For Prudential, I get a message stating documents will be ready 2/7/2024 for import (posted below). 

The problem is that there is no 'common denominator'.  Many people can import from every financial institution that is linked in TurboTax, but not everyone.  Why some can and some can't, from the same institutions, has more to do with the unique configuration of personal computers that are out there, trying to import.

There are no financial institutions that are linked that no one can import from.

We often suggest that users go to TurboTax Tech Support, where a tech may be able to tell (by getting into that computer) what is blocking the import (malware?).

We are not techies in this forum, but EA's and CPA's giving Tax Advice, but we try to pass on what  we learn from others in the Community.

Here's some general info on Import Issues.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies