Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-g doesn't have the description of payment that I got it for--not a grant not a farm??

i just want to put in the correct response
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

1099-g doesn't have the description of payment that I got it for--not a grant not a farm??

Does a 2015 state tax refund get reported in 2016 when you receive it? I'm not sure as we don't have a state income tax in our state. I think you were trying to enter it in the wrong location. You were using "Other 1099-G Income". Use State and Local 1099-G.

Try this one in the page snip below;

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Heather14

Who sent it?  That might help figure out what it is for.

Illinois department of revenue

I don't remember any payments either
Heather14

That should be a state refund.  Does it match the amount of your refund from last year?

no it has 2015 on it and really don't know why

I really really don't remember ever getting any checks for that amount ever
Heather14

You could call them and ask what it was for, but it sounds like it was a refund for your 2015 state taxes.

Does a 2015 state tax refund get reported in 2016 when you receive it? I'm not sure as we don't have a state income tax in our state. I think you were trying to enter it in the wrong location. You were using "Other 1099-G Income". Use State and Local 1099-G.

Try this one in the page snip below;

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies