Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-B input is a mess this year

Inputting a 1099-B seems to have gotten way more painful this year, the navigation is terrible.  I have 17 adjustment/summary entries to get into this thing and it shouldn't be this hard.  Each time I add a sale I have to say it's a 1099-B (click a big box, then click continue), tell it skip import (other screens eventually learn to skip this for me); then answer 4 questions about employee stock, more than 3 sales (which doesn't seem to do much), "do these sales include any other type of investments" despite saying at the beginning this is stock; did I buy every investment etc, then finally get to click continue.  All these boxes are massive and I have keep scrolling to get through them.  The summary screens with the data are designed with some sort of frames but don't actually fit in the frame and some big font which means you have to scroll up and down to see all the data (INT/DIV handles this volume fine) and scroll right to get to the edit/delete buttons.  If you scroll down and then scroll right to delete an entry, the dialog box to confirm the deletion is back at the top.  Overall it's turned into a very badly-designed mess.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies