Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GDF
Returning Member

1099-B 2019 taxes

I get a 1099-B that has dividends AND capital gains.  just bought new TurboTax Home and Business.  Under Personal Income, 1099B, there is entry space for 1d.  There is no space for:

Box 2a Total Cap gain

Box 4 Fed tax withheld

Box 7 Foreign tax paid

Foreign source income.

How do I enter my mutual fund annual distribution when no shares were sold but distribution made? I can enter total cap gains on 1099-DIV but do not appear on the tax filing.  Thank you

GDF

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

1099-B 2019 taxes

Your 1099-B is probably a consolidated statement from your broker.  It includes the information to be reported on form 1099-DIV if you have dividends from stocks or mutual funds and form 1099-INT if you have interest income.  Look at the 1099-DIV in Turbotax and you will see the boxes 2a and 4 you want to report capital gains and federal tax withheld.  

1099-B 2019 taxes

is it mandatory to report 1099B while filing tax as I have no gain just loss on my 2019 transactions.

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

1099-B 2019 taxes

Yes, you must enter the information because the IRS has a copy of the form and if you do not report it , the IRS will calculate all sales basis as zero and you will find a large gain calculated by the IRS in the mail.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

1099-B 2019 taxes

It is to your advantage to report losses since they reduce your taxable income. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies