Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095-B only, but being warned to enter 1095-A information

My husband has health insurance via Medicare.  I have health insurance from Tricare.  We have no HSA, MSA or FSA.  We had medical expenses in 2023.  The step-by-step questions first ask if either of us had HSA or MSA...we did not.  I select None of the above for both of us (this section's wording always confuses me) and then I successfully input our medical expenses.

Then I'm asked if I received Form 1095-A for my health insurance plan.  I only have a 1095-B so I say No.  I then get a screen that says to "Make sure to enter your 1095-A before you file."  

Is this a generic warning that can be ignored by someone who has 1095-B health insurance coverage for the whole year? 

If so, I recommend a wording change on this page or ask about health coverage type earlier in the process...are you covered and which type 1095-A or 1095-B so the program logic can skip past messages that don't apply.

TIA

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieS
Expert Alumni

1095-B only, but being warned to enter 1095-A information

Yes, that is a generic warning. If you don't have a 1095-A form, you can't complete this section. Form 1095-B doesn't get entered on your tax return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies