Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

grodgers1

1095 A, Rejection F8962-063

My ex husband carries Marketplace insurance on our son, it is my year to carry him on our taxes.  I tried and looked up the correct way to put in the 1095 A, I put in 0's on the Premium tax credit and it rejected.   Can you tell me how to correctly put in the 1095 a form, the ex has already done his taxes and he put the form in his with it the way it says.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

1095 A, Rejection F8962-063

If your ex-spouse insures your child through a Marketplace insurance plan, here’s how you should report it on your tax returns:

1. Form 1095-A: Your ex-spouse should receive a Form 1095-A from the Marketplace that shows your child’s coverage details. This form includes information about the health insurance plan your child had during the year.

2. Dependent Claim: Since you claim your child as a dependent, you’ll need to include the Form 1095-A information in your tax return. Make sure to accurately report your child’s coverage details based on the form provided by the Marketplace.

3. IRS Rejection: If your tax return is rejected due to missing Form 8962 (related to Premium Tax Credits), follow these steps:

• Contact the Marketplace from which your child received coverage.
    • Explain the situation and request the necessary forms.
    • If you receive correspondence from the IRS, respond promptly and provide an explanation.

Remember that the Form 1095-A is essential for accurately reporting your child’s health insurance coverage on your tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies