Solved: 1040 es payment vouchers printed with my return do I have to pay these quarterly, I thought I was paying by auto withdrawal, now I am confused!

jgdif2

1040 es payment vouchers printed with my return do I have to pay these quarterly, I thought I was paying by auto withdrawal, now I am confused!

PaulaM

No, they are not mandatory. You may disregard the vouchers if you believe they will not apply to your 2017 tax situation. The vouchers print automatically when the software detects a spike in income for the year, or if you didn't have enough withheld for the year.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901110-do-i-need-to-make-estimated-tax-payments-to-the-irs 

PaulaM