The American Rescue Plan provides relief for millions of Americans through numerous measures, including a third round of stimulus checks.
This means if you qualify for a third stimulus check, you could get up to $1,400 for each taxpayer in your household plus $1,400 for each dependent.
Generally, you should qualify if:
- You’re a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien
- You have a valid Social Security number
- You’re not claimed as a dependent on anyone else’s return, and
- Your adjusted gross income (AGI) is less than
- $150,000 if you’re married and filing a joint return or a qualifying widow
- $112,500 if you’re filing as head of household, or
- $75,000 if you’re filing single or married filing separately
If your AGI is above those amounts, your payment will be reduced (“phased out”). If your AGI is above the amounts below, you won’t receive a third stimulus payment.
- $160,000 if you’re married and filing a joint return or a qualifying widow
- $120,000 if you’re filing as head of household, or
- $80,000 if you’re filing single or married filing separately
To find out if you are eligible and how much you can expect, visit our stimulus calculator.