To transfer info from your 2019 TurboTax for Mac return:
- Open TurboTax for Mac 2020 and choose File New Tax Return.
- Click Begin and choose Use a tax return that's on my computer.
- Select your 2019 return from the list and click Continue.
- If you don't see your return, click Find your tax return.
- If your 2019 return is on another computer, here's how to move it to your present computer.
- Click Continue to review the transferred information. We'll also give you opportunities to review, edit, or delete transferred information later on.
Be aware that once you've gone past the Transfer screens, you can't go back to revisit them. If you need to re-do your transfer, go back to Step 1 to start over with a new return.
- On your PC, find last year's tax file and copy it to a removable device like a thumb drive or flash drive.
- On your Mac, copy the tax file from the device to your desktop.
- Open TurboTax for Mac and choose File New Tax Return.
- Select Begin.
- TurboTax will search for 2018 tax return files on your computer and should find it. If it doesn't, select Find your tax return.
- Wait for TurboTax to finish transferring the information over.
If you have the PDF soft copy of a 2019 return created in non-TurboTax software, you might be able to transfer from the PDF.