lumbroso0612

Worked outside the US - no W-2

I was living outside the US for the first half or so of 2016 (and before that as well), and got a salary from a company there - So my salary didn't come with a W-2. Should I pick the "Wages and Salaries" option in income regardless? Or is there another option I can pick to let TurboTax know about this?
PatriciaV

Worked outside the US - no W-2

Yes, as a US citizen you are required to report worldwide income, even if you didn't receive a W-2. However, your foreign earnings may qualify for the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion, which will give you credit for taxes paid outside the US.

Your foreign wages are not entered under Wages & Income. Instead, follow these steps:

Use the Search box at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Click on the magnifying glass, type in "foreign earned income", hit Enter, and click on "jump to foreign earned income" to go directly to beginning of this topic.

Or go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in "foreign earned income", then click the topic in the list to go directly to the start of this section.

(If you are using the mobile app and don't have My Account or Tools on your screen, try logging into TurboTax from a laptop or desktop browser.)

Follow the prompts to report your foreign earned income. Click on blue links ("Learn More") for help on any page under this topic.

Additional Info 

IRS Pub 54 Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad