Why is this the software asking for mortgage information when I am not claiming any mortgage interest?

keahia

ShawnaD

You may have accidentally selected that you had a home or paid mortgage interest in the interview process. You can change your entry using the instructions below.

• Log in to your TurboTax online account and select the "Take me to my return" button.
  • On the left menu bar, select "Federal".
  • Select "Deductions & Credits" in the top middle part of the screen.
  • Scroll down to the Your Home section and click "Start/Revisit" next to Mortgage Interest, Refinancing, and Insurance (Form 1098).
  • Select "No" on the next screen that asks Did you pay any home loans in 2017?.
keahia

I didn't answer the question at all...so answering NO helped!  Thank you!