Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is sch c asking about Car & Truck on my state taxes when I have entered zero deductions on my federal? It shows numbers from previous years, but I had no car in 2023

It shows line 
(32) 25,000
(35) 20,452
(37) 20,452
(62) MACRS
(63) 5
(65) HY
(68) 1
(72) 5.0
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Why is sch c asking about Car & Truck on my state taxes when I have entered zero deductions on my federal? It shows numbers from previous years, but I had no car in 2023

Some states use a different depreciation schedule. It looks like you are still depreciating the vehicle so you need to take it off your return. Check your business return and see if the car is still on the business. If so, you need to mark it disposed of Jan 1.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Some states use a different depreciation schedule. It looks like you are still depreciating the vehicle so you need to take it off your return. Check your business return and see if the car is still on the business. If so, you need to mark it disposed of Jan 1.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Looks like it was carried over from last year's taxes and my old company, even though no income or business deductions were entered. I wasn't sure I should delete it, but a few hours after I did, the issue disappeared. We'll see. The taxes went through. I'm not 100% confident it's right, but TurboTax submitted them and they were accepted. Thankyou for replying.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies