Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tallanttl

Why is it automatically checking box 7a on Schedule B? It didn't give the options but assumes I have foreign accounts. How to change to no?

It give me all the advertisements then goes directly to the page for total value of foreign accounts.  I can't figure out how to change the X under yes for 7a because it never asked, do you have foreign accounts.   
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Why is it automatically checking box 7a on Schedule B? It didn't give the options but assumes I have foreign accounts. How to change to no?

Go back to the Wages & Income section

Scroll down and select "Done with Income" 

The next screen should ask about Foreign accounts.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tallanttl

Thanks, but unfortunately after I click done with income it takes me to their advertisement to upgrade for expert. I click continue without additional benefits then the next screen is yes or no for value of your foreign accounts more than 10K.  I don't see anywhere you first check a box or say yes you have foreign accounts to begin with.  This is so frustrating. 

ehilman

I am having the same problem, is this a bug with the software? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies