Why is form 6252 showing up in my return referenci...

Why is form 6252 showing up in my return referencing a property sold in 2010? I did not see this last year.

Did you sell the property on an installment sale (i.e., receive payments in more than one tax year)?

See https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f6252.pdf

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you sold a property at a gain on the installment method there should have been a 6252 in each year, until the year after you collected the full amount.  it might show up in the following year, you can delete it if all collections have been made or there was a default in a prior year which would have required special handling