Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SamV
Level 1

Why a 1099B?

TT continues to ask that I enter amounts for a 1099B. My Mother is a senior on a small pension and social security. Pretty simple and straight forward. No sales of stock, real estate or other income for all of 2020. She did not receive a 1099B for any of her income, only 1099R and 1099INT. We didn't need one for 2019. The program continues to ask me to address the incomplete form for which I have no entries. Anyone have any suggestions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Why a 1099B?

Delete the 1099-B form from her return. If you imported your mother's 1099-R form, perhaps there was a blank 1099-B form that transferred over. Or, a 1099-B form was inadvertently generated.

• If you're using TurboTax Online software and need to delete a form, click here.
  • If you're using TurboTax CD\Download software and need to delete a form, click here

Additional information: Social Security may be partially taxable depending on the amount of your mother's other income during the year.  If it's your mother's only source of income it's probably not taxable. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Why a 1099B?

Delete the 1099-B form from her return. If you imported your mother's 1099-R form, perhaps there was a blank 1099-B form that transferred over. Or, a 1099-B form was inadvertently generated.

• If you're using TurboTax Online software and need to delete a form, click here.
  • If you're using TurboTax CD\Download software and need to delete a form, click here

Additional information: Social Security may be partially taxable depending on the amount of your mother's other income during the year.  If it's your mother's only source of income it's probably not taxable. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SamV
Level 1

Why a 1099B?

Thank you! That helped. Form is deleted, my tax process is complete

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies