jscheulen

Where on schedule A do I claim out of pocket expenses for charity work that is not travel related?

I purchased uniform items for charity work.  How do I claim these expenses since they are not direct donations or travel related expenses?

PaulaM

Expenses you incur—such as uniforms, supplies, postage and meals—while you volunteer for charity work are tax-deductible, as long as they aren’t reimbursed by the charity. Deductible expenses must be tied directly to the service you provide to the organization and can never be personal.

Add the uniform expense as a donation to the Charitable Donations section and enter the value of the uniforms. You can use items category. This is the only place to deduct the charity related expenses that you may have.