Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vosieva

Where/how do i file my income that was earned overseas

I am employed with an International school in Mongolia. My income for the months of September - December comes from this source. How and where do I file this information?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK
Expert Alumni

If you're a U.S. citizen or resident. You'll need to report all your income, whether it was earned in the U.S. or abroad.

To enter this income, open your return and search for foreign income. Click the "Jump to" link in the search results, answer Yes to Did you Make any Money Outside the U.S.? and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you lived and worked in a foreign country, you might qualify for the foreign income exclusion. We'll ask questions to see if you qualify after you've entered your foreign income.

[Edited 3/11/17]

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TomK
Expert Alumni

If you're a U.S. citizen or resident. You'll need to report all your income, whether it was earned in the U.S. or abroad.

To enter this income, open your return and search for foreign income. Click the "Jump to" link in the search results, answer Yes to Did you Make any Money Outside the U.S.? and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you lived and worked in a foreign country, you might qualify for the foreign income exclusion. We'll ask questions to see if you qualify after you've entered your foreign income.

[Edited 3/11/17]
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies