Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will I be able to use my mortgage interest to itemize on this turbo tax

This years turbo tax is saying that it has yet to be determined if mortgage interest is tax deductible. That has been determined as far as I know.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

I am not sure why you are getting that message.  Please make sure that before your open your return that you click the button to receive all updates.

Also, make sure you complete all the questions and boxes (if applicable) in the mortgage interview section.  I went into my Desktop Premier version of TurboTax and at first TurboTax did not include my mortgage.  Once I went back and made sure all questions were answered and all boxes (if applicable) were completed, then my mortgage interest appeared on Schedule A.

Please note that the standard deductions almost doubled for 2018.  The standard deductions now are: Single, $12,000, Head of Household $18,000 and Married Filing Jointly $24.000.

If your standard deductions are higher than your itemized deductions then you will not see your itemized deductions on your return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

I am not sure why you are getting that message.  Please make sure that before your open your return that you click the button to receive all updates.

Also, make sure you complete all the questions and boxes (if applicable) in the mortgage interview section.  I went into my Desktop Premier version of TurboTax and at first TurboTax did not include my mortgage.  Once I went back and made sure all questions were answered and all boxes (if applicable) were completed, then my mortgage interest appeared on Schedule A.

Please note that the standard deductions almost doubled for 2018.  The standard deductions now are: Single, $12,000, Head of Household $18,000 and Married Filing Jointly $24.000.

If your standard deductions are higher than your itemized deductions then you will not see your itemized deductions on your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies