Solved: What other tax forms need to be filed for a deceased parent that has no estate?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What other tax forms need to be filed for a deceased parent that has no estate?

Mom passed away end of 2016 so there is no estate to set up.  Everything was already set as pay upon death.  I have already filed the 1040A that has a refund.  I have still not received the refund from IRS nor have I received any correspondence from IRS.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You only need to file a tax return for your mother, if she was required to file.  That's it. There's nothing else to file.   If there is a refund due, you will have to file form 1310 to claim it.  For more information see the following FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300099

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You only need to file a tax return for your mother, if she was required to file.  That's it. There's nothing else to file.   If there is a refund due, you will have to file form 1310 to claim it.  For more information see the following FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300099

View solution in original post

I have filed her return right here at TurboTax and the form 1310 was filed electronically.  The return was accepted b IRS on January 30, 2017.

You have nothing else to do, from a tax standpoint, for your mother.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings