turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmcqueen

What is the correct form to file for a Washington DC tax credit for an electric vehicle charger & installation?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

What is the correct form to file for a Washington DC tax credit for an electric vehicle charger & installation?

Those federal credits go on IRS Form 8911.   The District offers the following tax credits for alternate fuel infrastructure and alternative fuel conversions.  

Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Credit 

• The Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Credit is a credit of 50% of the allowable costs for the purchase and installation of an alternative fuel storage and dispensing or charging station at a private residence, or on non-residential property designed for use by the public.
  • The credit shall not exceed $1,000 per station at a private residence and $10,000 per station on non-residential property designed for use by the public.
  • Any unused credits can be carried forward for two years.
  • More resources are available at the Office of Tax and Revenue

Alternative Fuel Conversion Tax Credit 

• Businesses and individuals are eligible for an income tax credit of 50% of the equipment and labor costs for the conversion of qualified alternative fuel vehicles, up to $19,000 per vehicle.
  • Qualified alternative fuels include, ethanol blends of at least 85%, natural gas, propane, biodiesel, electricity, and hydrogen. This incentive expires December 31, 2026. For more information, see the Office of Tax and Revenue website.

Alternative Fuel Vehicle Infrastructure and Conversion Credits FAQs Individual Income, Corporate and...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jmcqueen

Thanks, I know this. DC is asking for me to fill out the Residential Alternative Fuel Conversion
and Infrastructure Credit form, and manually attach it to my state return. But the form is nowhere to be found. I've asked someone in the DC government. Also, Turbotax will not let me file the state return electronically because of this requirement. I will have to print it, find this form, and send the entire return in by mail. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You can find the Residential Alternative Fuel Conversion form here at the DC Office of Tax and Revenue; click on the link.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies