turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fxp1

We spent money to get an energy compliant heat pump and told we would get a 2000 tax credit but it is only showing 300 on turbotax. Am I putting something in wrong?

30% of cost would max at 2000 credit
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

We spent money to get an energy compliant heat pump and told we would get a 2000 tax credit but it is only showing 300 on turbotax. Am I putting something in wrong?

@fxp1  wrote:
30% of cost would max at 2000 credit

The residential energy credits Form 5695 will not be current in TurboTax and ready for a 2023 return until after a product update on 2/07/2024 (projected date).  Just hold off for now and see what happens after the update.   It's not known what time of day the update will occur on 2/07/2024, or whether it might even be overnight Wednesday into Thursday morning.  Sometimes there are delays.   In any case, when the Form 5695 is ready and updated, you should see a green checkmark when you look for the form in the following table:

FAQ: When will my individual tax forms be available in TurboTax?

Forms Availability Table

MayaD
Expert Alumni

The form has not been finalized. The 2023 Form 5695 Residential Energy Credits is scheduled to be available in TurboTax on 02/07/2024.

It takes some time to incorporate IRS forms into TurboTax. While they may be available from the IRS on a given date, we need a few days to make the forms available for use in TurboTax.

Tax form availability

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies