Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We run a daycare from home and we replaced the a/c unit and ductwork, how do I expense this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Phillip1

We run a daycare from home and we replaced the a/c unit and ductwork, how do I expense this?

Through the home office expense portion of the return for your business. In the screen that shows your home information as a depreciable asset for the home office expense, you will add the expenses related to the AC unit and ductwork as an improvement asset to your home.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

where do I enter my home as an asset? I currently claim sq ft.  can I enter the a/c  unit under repair expenses?
Phillip1

You will need to be using the self employed online version. Follow these steps 1.) Log all the way into your return. 2.) Go to the Federal category in the left hand navigation bar of TurboTax. 3.) Click on the Income and Expenses option at the top of the screen. 4.) Go through the self employed screens until the program brings you to expenses, 5.)Go through the home office section again. 6.) Continue past the screen labeled "Enter expenses for your entire home", until you reach a screen labeled "Home office asset summary" or "Depreciation for your home". Enter the repairs here.

I signed into my turbotax.com and all I found was the area to update my address into. their was no federal category to select. will I have to pay again to do my taxes?
Phillip1

Through the home office expense portion of the return for your business. In the screen that shows your home information as a depreciable asset for the home office expense, you will add the expenses related to the AC unit and ductwork as an improvement asset to your home.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies