Solved: We bought and sold homes in 2018 and I have improvements we made in the home we sold, which turbo tax do I use?

emilyzandra3

We bought and sold homes in 2018 and I have improvements we made in the home we sold, which turbo tax do I use?

Vanessa

It depends.  If you were organized as a multi-member LLC or a partnership or if "we" is a spouse in a NON community property state you would need to use TurboTax Business to file Form 1065 which would generate a K-1 for all partners.

If "we" is you and a spouse and you are in a community property state and this was a business then you would both file Schedule C's using TurboTax Home and Business.

Vanessa