Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rjkoz

Using TT Home and Business, will it calculate the months use out of the year entries Utilities, Maintenance and Repairs?

My business operated as a Sole Proprietorship for the first 9 months of 2016.  I've been claiming a Home Office since 1998, do I enter my full years, Utilities, Maintenance and Repairs OR enter the 9 months of same? I'm trying to find out if TT will calculate the 9 months out of the full year, or should I just enter the 9 month total of Utilities, Maintenance and Repairs?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Using TT Home and Business, will it calculate the months use out of the year entries Utilities, Maintenance and Repairs?

Enter the amount of shared expenses for only the months when you used your Home Office. It's possible that you had expenses during that time that would not apply to the full year. For this reason, TurboTax cannot allocate a full year based on the number of months the office was active.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Enter the amount of shared expenses for only the months when you used your Home Office. It's possible that you had expenses during that time that would not apply to the full year. For this reason, TurboTax cannot allocate a full year based on the number of months the office was active.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rjkoz

Thank you, I wasn't sure if  TurboTax would calculate the months used in my Home Office by the number of months I entered as being active.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies