Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

UPLOADING NM PIT-NC PDF FOR E FILE

Ive followed the instructions for uploading my PDF NM PIT Nurse Credit form.  Turbotax sates they have attached the form..  But the form is not included with my state return when I do a review of the forms.   This form must be included and must be efiled or the credit will be denied.  Where is the form after uploading?  How do I add it to my states return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

If TurboTax asks if you are ready to e-file your state return, say no.  You will need to print and mail the state form.

Or, are you saying that TurboTax is saying that you e-filed.  If you e-filed your state return already, I suggest you reach out the NM - Tax Call Center – 1-866-285-2996 to inquire about an alternate method of submitting the form.

You need to attach the NM Nursing Form so therefore should not e-file the state.  You should print, sign and mail the state form with the Nursing Credit form attached.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

You cannot add a PDF document if you are going to electronically file your tax return with TurboTax online, however if you file a paper return you may print and include the attachment.

I suggest you file the Federal return electronically and print and mail the New Mexico return.  When you print , please sign the return and attach the required form for the Nursing Credit.  This is a one time credit so you should not have to do this next year.

For your State return:

For your State return:

Mail refund returns and returns without a payment attached to:

NM Taxation and Revenue Dept
PO Box 25122
Santa Fe, NM  87504-5122

Mail returns with a payment and voucher attached or payments and vouchers without a return to:

NM Taxation and Revenue Dept.
PO Box 8390
Santa Fe, NM  87504-8390

@kaniela83

{Edited 3/15/2023 | 6:47AM PST}

@kaniela83

Turbotax says you "efile your state tax"

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

If TurboTax asks if you are ready to e-file your state return, say no.  You will need to print and mail the state form.

Or, are you saying that TurboTax is saying that you e-filed.  If you e-filed your state return already, I suggest you reach out the NM - Tax Call Center – 1-866-285-2996 to inquire about an alternate method of submitting the form.

You need to attach the NM Nursing Form so therefore should not e-file the state.  You should print, sign and mail the state form with the Nursing Credit form attached.

Thank You.  I thought turbotax was saying I had to efile in order to use the form PIT NC.    Yes I will maile the return.  

Thank You

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies