Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to enter address in home energy credit form

I am using TurboTax 2023 desktop on my Mac and we purchased a new heat pump system in 2023. This was for our principal (and only residence).I've entered the amount in the "Your Cost" entry for "Heat pumps (electric or natural gas) and select Continue.

The next form that comes up asks me to "Enter the address for each home where you installed qualified energy property". There is a large grey area with labels for each of the parts of the address and beneath each, very thin blue areas. I can't select the grey label area but if I select the blue line under each I can type but of course can't see anything.

It won't let me proceed because I can't enter a valid address.

Hope someone has an answer/workaround,

Kurt

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Try continuing forward with your return until you get to the Smart Check.  There may be an error message generated when the address was not entered during the energy credit section.  If so, you should be allowed to enter the address during the Smart Check to clear the error.

If that does not work, please respond to let me know.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That worked. I also went directly into the 5695 form and found it was still incorrect there even after fixing via the smart check. I entered it into the 5695 form directly and that seems to have worked.

The next problem has to do with entering the cost of the home energy audit that we also had done in 2023. The EasyStep for the home energy credits never asks about this. When I go into the 5695 form directly I can't seem to change the fields for this. They are line 26a (was set to No by TurboTax and I can't check Yes) and also 26b where the $ for the home energy audit are to be entered.

How can I get my home energy audit cost entered into form 5695 (or into EasyStep)?

Kurt

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

The information about home energy audits appears later in the "EasyStep" interview.

Go back to the Home Energy Credits section. After the first series of questions, when you get to this screen:

Click the radio button next to "Yes.

Answer "Yes" to the questions on the next screen.

The next screen after that is where you will enter the home energy audit cost:

Please see this tax tips article for more information about which types of home improvements qualify for either the Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit or the Residential Clean Energy Credit for 2023.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies