Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zoltan1

TurboTax Home & Business is not allowing entry of Mortgage Interest on my Schedule F-Farming Expenses. Any suggestions?

Interestingly, I have two Schedule F's, and it allows Mortgage Interest on the first one, but not on the second.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax Home & Business is not allowing entry of Mortgage Interest on my Schedule F-Farming Expenses. Any suggestions?

To enter multiple mortgages on Schedule F, in TurboTax Home & Business:

Switch to Forms mode by clicking on "step by step" near the top of the screen.

If you have more than one mortgage on one Schedule F, On Line 21a, click the + sign next to the entry. This will bring up a pop-up screen where you can enter descriptions and amounts for more than one Mortgage Interest item.

You can enter the mortgage interest on the second farm on the second Schedule F in Forms Mode as well.

[Edited 02/28/24| 8:35am PST] 

@zoltan1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
zoltan1

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, whether I try entering data in Line 21a in EasyStep or Forms the box contains a "0." that I'm unable to change.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

We have tested Schedule F entries for Line 21 but are unable to reproduce the experience you have seen. It would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2023" file to test further.

If you would be willing to send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information, please follow these instructions: 

In TurboTax Desktop, open your return and go to Online in the TurboTax header. 

1. Choose Send Tax File to Agent.
  2. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click Send on this screen and wait for the Token number to appear. 
  3. Reply to this thread with your Token number and tag (@) the Expert requesting the token from you. Please include any States that are part of your return. 

On a Mac computer, choose File >> Share.

We will then be able to see the same experience you are having. If we are able to determine the cause, we'll reply here and provide you with a resolution. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
zoltan1

Thanks for your work on this.

(As a point of clarification, the "Send Tax File to Agent" in the Mac version of Turbotax I'm using is found under the "Help" menu.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies