Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax is saying I need to upgrade to Deluxe edition because they say I have a foreign account. I do not have an foreign account. Do I have to buy deluxe edition?

TurboTax is not letting me complete and file taxes because of their mistake.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax is saying I need to upgrade to Deluxe edition because they say I have a foreign account. I do not have an foreign account. Do I have to buy deluxe edition?

This happens if the question about having a foreign account is accidentally checked, even if the answer is later changed.  To remove the form that is generated by the "yes" and causing the upgrade, follow these steps:

1. Click on Tax Tools in the menu on the left.
  2. Click on Tools
  3. in the pop-up box select Delete a Form
  4. Scroll down the list of forms on the side and select Schedule B and delete the form

Next, clear the cache and cookies from your browser's settings (Ctrl+shift+delete in Chrome)

Finally, close your browser, re-open and then log back into TurboTax to clear the error.  

If it continues, then the box is still marked for a foreign account.  You'll need to go back through the TurboTax interview, change the answer to no, and then repeat the above steps. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

This happens if the question about having a foreign account is accidentally checked, even if the answer is later changed.  To remove the form that is generated by the "yes" and causing the upgrade, follow these steps:

1. Click on Tax Tools in the menu on the left.
  2. Click on Tools
  3. in the pop-up box select Delete a Form
  4. Scroll down the list of forms on the side and select Schedule B and delete the form

Next, clear the cache and cookies from your browser's settings (Ctrl+shift+delete in Chrome)

Finally, close your browser, re-open and then log back into TurboTax to clear the error.  

If it continues, then the box is still marked for a foreign account.  You'll need to go back through the TurboTax interview, change the answer to no, and then repeat the above steps. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies