Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax is forcing me to enter Property Tax Bill/Sale of Home Information even though I am not a homeowner. What section do I need to change in order to end this?

When I go to the State Review section I get a message stating "We found 8 items on your Wisconsin return where we'll need you to review your entries." When I click "Fix Return" it takes me to the "Check This Entry" page for "Property Tax & Sale of Home (EF Only): Value of improvements shouldn't be less than or equal to zero." I did not own a home or any property during 2023 or sell any property so I don't know why it is trying to make me fill out this information.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax is forcing me to enter Property Tax Bill/Sale of Home Information even though I am not a homeowner. What section do I need to change in order to end this?

In the state review, are you able to leave this entry blank and continue?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No. It won't let me file without entering information into the for which I do not possess.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

I have one more suggestion before you Contact TurboTax Support for help.

Go to Tax Tools > Tools > Delete a Form.

In the list of forms, look for ones that relate to Property Tax or Sale of Home and delete them.

Close TurboTax > clear your Cache and Cookies and return to the program.  Go through the state interview again, then try the State Review.

If the issue persists, support can get into your computer and return to assist. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This worked! Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies