Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Transfer from one version of TurboTax to another Home and Business to Premier

I have been using TurboTax Home and Business for a number of years.  I use it for my parents too.  2023 they sold a house they haven't lived in for 30+ years.  I bought the house after it was remodeled.  When I try to find a place for the 1099-S, there isn't a place really.    Then, reading through all the replies to the questions about second home sales, it's not working.

So, then, I read it has to be on the Premier program.  Well, my question is, can I take my parents taxes from Home and Business 2022 and transfer them to Premier 2023 and if so, how do I do that?     

I am extremely frustrated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

yes the tax file used in 1040 desktop programs can be used by other 1040 desktop programs but not online ones

you CANNOT transfer the file from desktop to online. 

the xxxx.tax2022 file must be on the same computer as the tax2023 app. Then you start a new return a window will open that might display the 2022 file. if not browse for where you put it. highlight the return and then open it. it should show the data being transferred. seeing "Transfer Complete" means you were successful 

Thank you.  Will it work from a desktop to desktop?  If I go buy a desktop program?

I guess you answered that question already.   Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies