brandirose34

TO ENTER MY CAR REGISTRATION I HAVE MULTIPLE TAXES LISTED. MOTOR VEHICLE TAX, WHEEL TAX AND SALES TAX. WHICH DO I ENTER?

NickS

The Motor Vehicle Tax is assessed on a vehicle at the time of initial registration and annually thereafter until the vehicle reaches 14 years of age or more.

The Motor Vehicle Fee is based upon the value, weight and use of the vehicle and is adjusted as the vehicle ages.

So, both of these amounts are deductible. (To enter them in to TurboTax, you will navigate to the Federal portion, but the information will also flow to your state return)

Click the Federal Taxes tab at the top
    (or the Personal tab if using Home & Business)
    Then, Deductions & Credits
    In the "Cars and Other Things You Own" section, click Show more
    Next to "Car registration fees", click Start or Revisit/Update
    Then, follow the interview screens from there

NickS

Click the Federal Taxes tab at the top
    Then, Deductions & Credits