Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nabilelias9
Returning Member

This year, unlike previous years Form 1116 FTC does not add the columns for foreign income or foreign taxes paid. To override, I cannot file electronically. It gives me 0

Using 2022 deluxe, I spent days trying everything to see the totals on 1116. It just doesn't add up foreign income or foreign taxes paid from Canada. I have for years had no trouble with this.  To my knowledge there's been no change in law or rules. I need help other than overriding the form and sending a paper return.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

This year, unlike previous years Form 1116 FTC does not add the columns for foreign income or foreign taxes paid. To override, I cannot file electronically. It gives me 0

@nabilelias9 , while I am not familiar with the On-line version but my understanding is that  it is quite similar to the downloaded/ CD version.  Are you saying that the worksheet form form 1116 does not sum up the  different entries  to create a total of  foreign taxes paid/ accrued ?  So the totals column in 1a, 6 , 7  and 8 are all blank ?

Does not sound right  -- the worksheet appears to be dead  and not active.

Can you tell me more on this  ?

nabilelias9
Returning Member

The total columns on the right side remain blank. The only items that extend to the total columns are from other forms in the return such as interest and property tax. I spent two hours with a TT agent who was puzzled and ask me to delete the form.  Now I have to fill in the form again.  I’ll override and file by mail.

pk
Level 15
Level 15

@nabilelias9 , I would agree with TurboTax support  --- just close the form , go back to deductions and credits  tab and completely redo the entries .   The form you are talking about appears to be  inactive.

Please make sure that your copy of TurboTax  download/ CD  is up to date.   Additionally in forms mode make sure you are working / entering --- if that is where you were , that it is the  form 1116 worksheet ( the only valid  entry version  of the form ).

When  you have solved the issue , please would you consider sharing  -- it is something I have never see in all these   years of working with  TurboTax.

I apologize for this  issue.

pk

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies