Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The program is reverting the question about financial accounts in foreign countries to Yes, even though I've checked 'no'. Anyone else have this experience?

How come the program is reverting the question about financial accounts in foreign countries to Yes?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

The program is reverting the question about financial accounts in foreign countries to Yes, even though I've checked 'no'. Anyone else have this experience?

You may have inadvertently responded to a prompt in the TurboTax interview that generated this question.  To get past this in TurboTax Online:

1. In the Search box in the upper right corner of the program, type schedule b foreign accounts and trusts, and enter.  You need this exact verbiage, so cut and paste it from here if that's helpful
  2. Select the Jump to schedule b foreign accounts and trusts link 
  3. On the Tell Us About Any Foreign Bank Accounts screen, select the box next to None of the above, then select Continue
  4. On the Tell Us About Any Foreign Trusts screen, select None of the above, then select Continue
  5. On the Foreign Financial Assets screen, select No, I don't have foreign financial assets, then select Continue
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies