Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The program included a question about a property I no longer own. Could this error in my personal information affect my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

The program included a question about a property I no longer own. Could this error in my personal information affect my return?

Please clarify your question by adding some additional information so we may provide a more helpful response.  What question are you referring to about your previous property? Is this regarding a Schedule C?  Are you itemizing your deductions?

Please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional information or questions or click here for help in contacting Turbo Tax Support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I didn't take a screen shot and I don't know how to get back to it. The question only came up in the REVIEW stage, like it was something I failed to answer, but I hadn't seen it until the review. It was something about how much rent I had received from the property and how many months I lived in it in 2023. I sold the property in 2021, so I don't know why the question is there and I can't find a way to remove that from my information so that it doesn't appear again. I'm just concerned that the misconception that I own this property could create errors.

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

If it is asking about rent received, then the property may be included on Schedule E.  

Try going to the section for Rental Income and see if the property is listed there.  If it is there and was sold in 2021, then it was not properly removed from your return at that time and has been carried forward.

@dempsey618 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies