Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax return rejected due to error on a form but unable to fix with the software

I received a reject code after filing regarding the state abbreviation somewhere on my 5695 form for my 2023 Federal Tax filing and I have gone through the process multiple times to try to fix it, but the software is not presenting the section that needs to be fixed and every time I resubmit, the software is saying that the errors have been corrected (when they have not been). I can identify the error directly on the form 5695, but there is no option to manually enter the correction because I am using the online version. The state code section is just missing one letter, and I cannot figure out how to fix it despite reviewing the section again multiple times and TurboTax "checking" my forms for accuracy, and then receiving a reject again multiple times. I paid for the premium version and generally really love using TurboTax to file, but this is making me think that there has to be a programming error or a glitch in the software somewhere for this form.  Any assistance at all would be super helpful. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Tax return rejected due to error on a form but unable to fix with the software

If you're using TurboTax Desktop on a Mac, this is a known issue.

See the TurboTax Help article Why am I getting an error when trying to enter the address for the home where I installed the energy... for guidance.

You might also check this thread for potential fixes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies