refinnej01

Sold condo 7/2017. 1098-no property tax paid in box 10. Per lender no tax disbursement made in 2017. I never sold property before-so unsure if this is possible??

I just don't understand how I could have lived in my home from Jan - July 2017 and not have paid any property taxes.  Again, I have never sold a home before, so I may be missing something.  Can the amount be found on the settlement Statement (HUD-1)?  Is that amount rolled into Settlement Charges to the Seler?

JulieH1

Depending on the state, it is possible that the taxes were not due until after you sold.  Most jurisdictions send tax notices in the late Fall with a due date of the first of the year.  

Since you sold the home prior to the beginning of the year, it is likely your mortgage company never paid them from your escrow.

Your settlement statement would have what your part of the taxes was.  You most likely paid them for your part of the year at closing.

JulieH1