Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

moecarn

Software is asking question about spouses HDHP. Spouse does not have a HDHP, mine shows as self only, and answered none for spouse. Why am I still getting this question?

I have followed the steps in other questions about this HDHP question but this question continues to appear.    

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Software is asking question about spouses HDHP. Spouse does not have a HDHP, mine shows as self only, and answered none for spouse. Why am I still getting this question?

You will get this question every time you go through the HSA interview, even if you have answered it before. You are right to answer "None" for your spouse.

If you are getting this question in the federal review, then TurboTax has gotten confused. Please delete all your HSA information and re-enter it, and the next time you answer the question with "None" for your spouse, this should stop the process.

1. make a copy of your W-2(s) (if you don't have the paper copies)

2. delete your W-2(s) (use the garbage can icon next to the W-2(s) on the Income screen

*** Desktop***

3. go to View (at the top), choose Forms, and select the desired form. Note the Delete Form button at the bottom of the screen.

*** Online ***

3. go to Tax Tools (on the left), and navigate to Tools->Delete a form

4. delete form(s) 1099-SA (if one), 8889-T, and 8889-S (if one)

5. go back and re-add your W-2(s), preferably adding them manually

6. go back and redo the entire HSA interview. Be sure to go all the way to the end.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies