Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Smat Check says Answer one of the A, B and C of Allowed Passive Credits in Publicly Traded Partnership Worksheet

I am done with my 2023 taxes but Turbotax's Smart Check seems to disagree. It is firing one alert saying I need to fill up at least one of the options.  I have attached the screen shot of the question.  Not sure how to answer it.  Form 3800 has all these lines empty.

Screenshot 2024-09-07 233058.png

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Smat Check says Answer one of the A, B and C of Allowed Passive Credits in Publicly Traded Partnership Worksheet

I'll page Champ @Mike9241  for this. Please check back later.

I can't get items you are showing in desktop 1040. it may help me if you identify the code letter for the line 15 credit from the k-1, whether you disposed of your entire interest in the PTP in a taxable transaction, and whether you are in AMT. Not sure even with this info i can help. Do note that line A does say to enter the amount  from form 3800 line 3. if 3800 line 3 is empty that's the same as zero. 

Line 15 has two codes AJ and ZZ and both have 0 entered.  

>>> whether you disposed of your entire interest in the PTP in a taxable transaction, and whether you are in AMT.

Not sure what this means, but this is for an oil stock that I own and they send me this K-1.  I haven't sold any of the shares in the entire 2023 year. 

So I am thinking I enter 0 in the first box and call it a day?

Hi @Mike9241 , could you please confirm that given the above mentioned code putting 0 in this field is appropriate response?  Thanks.

in part III of k-1 there is no reason to enter any line with 0's so i would just delete those the codes and 0's from line 15. see if that fixes the issue if not enter that 0. Please note i cannot produce your results of getting those questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies