Should I delete 2555-s if my spouse didn't earn anything? Initially I tried to exclude for both of us then changed to just me. Now, 2555-s is still popping up incomplete

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JulieR

In your open return, under Income & Expenses, scroll down to Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion and click "Edit/Add".  This will take you to the area where you can delete the amount entered for your spouse.

The amount was always 0. Changing "both of us" to just me is the problem. it's not updating after I change that option.