Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

skip_edb
Level 1
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Self employed health insurance 1095-a

Hello all. We have been using TurboTax for years and always have it import last years taxes before starting on the new year. All of my self-employed business details transferred over. When entering personal tax information it asked for a new name for the business income. I didn't think much of it until I was entering my 1095-a details. After entering the monthly amounts I am asked to check the box next to i'm self employed and bought a marketplace plan. After clicking continue I am only able to select the new personal incoming name and not my business name for associating the policy with the company. I am guessing I did something wrong in the personal income section but not sure what or where. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Expert Alumni

You probably have 2 businesses set-up now, but that is easy to correct.   Search for Schedule C and use the jump to link.   You will be taken to your business/self-employment summary.  Delete the newly created business and make sure your 1095-A and any business income 1099s are linked to the correct business.    You look to be using the desktop software.  If so, after you delete the business, click on Forms and you will see red exclamation marks next to the forms with errors.  While you are in Forms mode, you can link them to the correct business.   You can do this in the interview mode as well, but it is easier and quicker to do in Forms mode.   If you are using TurboTax Online, you have to edit the forms in the interview.

Worst case - If you accidentally deleted the Schedule C you transferred in (the one you want with history and carryover information), you can start a new return and transfer in last year's return again.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

You probably have 2 businesses set-up now, but that is easy to correct.   Search for Schedule C and use the jump to link.   You will be taken to your business/self-employment summary.  Delete the newly created business and make sure your 1095-A and any business income 1099s are linked to the correct business.    You look to be using the desktop software.  If so, after you delete the business, click on Forms and you will see red exclamation marks next to the forms with errors.  While you are in Forms mode, you can link them to the correct business.   You can do this in the interview mode as well, but it is easier and quicker to do in Forms mode.   If you are using TurboTax Online, you have to edit the forms in the interview.

Worst case - If you accidentally deleted the Schedule C you transferred in (the one you want with history and carryover information), you can start a new return and transfer in last year's return again.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That helped. Thank you very much for your reply.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies