Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

blstacho

Recovery Rebate Credit 2021

For the 3rd stimulus rebate we received $2008.    When I used Turbotax it said I was eligible for $4218.   Thus it calculated a Recovery Rebate Credit of $2210 and put it on line 30 for the 1040.  I just got a letter back from the IRS that took that credit away.   Their letter is not really clear why they took the $2000 credit away   i tried caling the IRS and cannot get through   can anyone give me some info on why they would do this.

Thanks

Brad

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Recovery Rebate Credit 2021

You say "we" so I assume you are married filing jointly.  

$4218 is an odd amount.  That amount would require that you have two or more dependents, and adjusted gross income between $150,000 and $160,000.  (Below $150,000 you would get the full amount of $1400 per person and above $160,000 you are ineligible, for married filing jointly.)

Start by viewing your online account, and checking to see how much the IRS thinks they paid to both you and your spouse.  Also review any IRS letter 6475 that you or your wife received.  

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/third-economic-impact-payment

If they IRS thinks they sent the full amount, but you received less, you can't get the difference on your tax return, you must trace the missing payment. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies