Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where to deduct city rental unit tax

I have a rental property and I pay property taxes. The city where my rental is located also charges rental tax every year. The rental tax is a tax on any property used as a rental in that city. Where can I deduct such a cost in TT ? I am using Premier Online

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

@trapezewdc , when you fill out Schedule-E  ( rental income -- TurboTax walks you through this when you say you have business income--Rental income ), you can include property taxes and city taxes  under expenses -- Taxes and fees . .

Does this help or do you need more info on this ?

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

In the expenses section, you can add as Real Estate taxes and Other taxes.  (See below)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks @MaryK4 

Unfortunately your comment didn't work from what I saw available from my Premier Online. Real estate taxes doesn't exist when I click "Add expense or asset" and even if it did exist it would be for property taxes and not for rental tax per my post. And Other taxes section does not apply to that either

Thanks @pk 

Yes I need more info/details. I only see "Miscellaneous expenses" and your description is slightly different. Inside "Miscellaneous expenses" it talks about safe harbor.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies