Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax says earned income less than what it actually is and says I have roth ira overcontribution

Hi there,

I earned roughly $1,300 in 2020. I contributed 2000 to my roth IRA, and had to do an excess removal of 700+gains. I am filing my taxes in which my income totals up to around 1,323. However when I go to the Roth IRA section and say that I contributed 2,000, Turbotax says I only made 1,245 in earned income.

What should I do? I earned over 1,300. Please help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Turbotax says earned income less than what it actually is and says I have roth ira overcontribution

Please spell out the types and amounts of earned income that you had.

2 types of income -- self employed, of which I made $1097 (pre-tax), and the other was a job which I got a W2 for, in which I made $226 pre-tax and about $208 after medicare and social security taxes were taken out. @SweetieJean 

I would like to know this too. I earned $7200 consulting and contributed $7000

But turbotax says I earned $6691

where are they getting this number?

same thing happened to me when i used to do my son's taxes and they would say he earned less than he earned.

and they DO NOT EXPLAIN IT!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies